Hello

tank o tang

Non-member
Hello everybody. My name is Jeff and I'm new to BRS. I've been reeling since Nemo came out and I converted my chick is tank to salt. That turned into a house full of tanks. Co-founded ARK reef club in South western CT with a handful of other reefers. Only to take them all down to move a few years after. 7 years later and after some remodeling has been complete I set my 180gal tank back up with all the stuff I saved in Jan 2017. Soon after set up I started building my basement fish room. I had planned on letting the sump and frag tank cure some rock for a couple months before adding it into the system but after finding a piece of firewood (2 small kids) in my under tank sump I decided to get it done asap. Connected the system the day before Thanksgiving and all went well. Ran into a huge algae problem, guessing from all the incurred rock added but has been slowly going away and expect it to be totally gone within the next month or 2.
System list:
180gal tank
3- ap700's (Just upgraded from 2 reefbeeders)
4- mp40w's
125gal sump
Arm g4 skimmer
Mag12 return (Soon to be upgraded to Mag18)
Mag9 frag tank and manifold pump
Tlf LG reactor for carbon
Clip on light for cheat
BRS ato
3- BRS dosing pumps
Reefkeeper elite controlled
40gal breeder frag tank (for when I actually have stuff to frag)
Mp10w
Reefbreeders 32 v1
I use 2 Brute cans for ago storage and water mixing.
20180322_145708.jpg
20180306_131529.jpg
20171125_123955.jpg
20171125_124007.jpg

Welcome! Looks like you will be one to give advice! Nice set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the kind words. I don't think I should be the one to give any advice as I still have a lot to learn although more than happy to share what I've learned from my many mistakes.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back