Help! Algae ID needed and helpful solution

Okay. @Salty hands redid his tank because of algae issue after setting it up for almost a year. We basically took all the rocks out and he hand scrubbed(with love) all the rocks and redid the aquascape. The algae did come back but the last time I was there(3 weeks) ago, the algae was fading away.
Hopefully, he can comment on this. I never really did anything when my tank was smothered with algae. Just try to suck it out as much as possible during the weekly water change. YMMV.

I also had a dino outbreak around 7/8 mo's in my current tank (parameters at 8 mo: 2 NO3, 0.04 PO4, 9.0 Alk, 430 Ca, 1300 Mg). Tried dino-x and worked pretty well (minor coral damage), 2-3 wks later it was gone and was present for a total of about 6 wks. Give all this, just like @this is me said, it very likely just passed.

My tanks one yr anniversary is this week and just now went through each phase of new tank algae. Here's to stability and future coral growth. Time to buy some nice colonies!!!

well good update. seemed to have beat it all. still running the reduced lighting cycle for a while to make sure. Thanks to all who had suggestions. only lost 1 or 2 corals through it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2 day blackout, Reduced lighting to 5 hrs a day coral snow every day for 3 weeks. currently still only running light cycle 7 hrs a day. I also did 3-20 gallon water changes during the duration. it seemed the reduced lighting cycle impacted the die off the most. I also have been running activated carbon in a reactor. tried to cover for cyno and dino all at once and it seemed to work. I will bring lighting up another hour next week and gradually get back to the 12 hr cycle. Water is definitely getting cleaner as my orp goes up in the 320-330 range which it was typically in the high 200’s. I also notice my Ph has been more stable, less swing over the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Are you growing algae anywhere in your system?
Try adding chaeto to your fuge. I had the same issue and it worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back