Help EMERGENCY!!!

hai nguyen

Non-member
hello fellow reefers I been running my tank with out lights for the last 2 days going into 3 now!!! For some reason my power controller keep ramp up to 2.2 amp and then trip...
9ab2da81e44121093afcfc9200dbf929.jpg

If anyone have a spare one I can buy or help fix this problem greatly appreciate thanks everyone
Happy reef keeping
Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hello fellow reefers I been running my tank with out lights for the last 2 days going into 3 now!!! For some reason my power controller keep ramp up to 2.2 amp and then trip...
9ab2da81e44121093afcfc9200dbf929.jpg

If anyone have a spare one I can buy or help fix this problem greatly appreciate thanks everyone
Happy reef keeping
Andy

My cell numbers 7742627579

That power controller is ancient, it is not worth fixing it.

Not sure what's broken. If it's the power supply to the light, then okay. But if it's just a Digital Aquatic power strip, can't you just plug the light into a normal output and unplug it to turn it off?

It is a very old DA PC-4, it is meant to be used with a DA controller.

What does it do? A powerstrip that connect to the controller so it can switch on/off?
My point is, if your lights are fine. Just plug it in the regular outlet and unplug it. No need for the tank to stay dark because of a power strip failure.

Did you ever get to that the fact that maybe that’s your plugged into an outlet that running on 15 or 20 A how many total watch of you running for that light

Did your power strip every shop at nine at sometimes power strips have a reset on the power button itself or a button on the side which takes basically a push in an order to the tyrant to reset it what exactly is going wrong if I were to guess I would say it the fact that you’re like control is only running at 15 A dick and I’m guessing that the light strip is probably newer than the light controller so chances are it’s not the light strip but that would certainly be a much cheaper alternative so you may want to invest in a better light strip but I’m and I’m wishing the best for you bud but I got a feeling it’s the older controller

Did your power strip every shop at nine at sometimes power strips have a reset on the power button itself or a button on the side which takes basically a push in an order to the tyrant to reset it what exactly is going wrong if I were to guess I would say it the fact that you’re like control is only running at 15 A dick and I’m guessing that the light strip is probably newer than the light controller so chances are it’s not the light strip but that would certainly be a much cheaper alternative so you may want to invest in a better light strip but I’m and I’m wishing the best for you bud but I got a feeling it’s the older controller
I mean you’re only running to 15 A that’s next to nothing even a power strip without a reset should have no problem with that unless it’s a short in the power strip but I’d be willing to guess and I’m not a gambling man but something tells me it has something to do with your light controller

Another thing to consider now many "powerstrips" do have do you have plugged into a plug most likely rated at 15amps....

Thanks for all the helps respond and links awesome tips
It’s been working fine for the last 8-9 months
Yeah I was think manually plug and unplug the lights
everyone, fishes and corals seem fine
I think it’s time to invest in a new setup
Any recommendations for a better controller system?

Thanks for all the helps respond and links awesome tips
It’s been working fine for the last 8-9 months
Yeah I was think manually plug and unplug the lights
everyone, fishes and corals seem fine
I think it’s time to invest in a new setup
Any recommendations for a better controller system?

Apex is the most common controller used and is far superior to the DA for mobile viewing and some expansion options. It is also much more expensive.

I use the DA with no issues and I have three PB4's running. I also have the NET module and I can view the status of my system from my phone. I would like to have a better controller but the DA is a great option for the cost. I am not sure I would jump to another controller without figuring out what your issue is here first.

No, your PC4 is more updated. The PC4 in this thread is very very very very old.

Back