Help ID this. Algae?

KJB

BRS Member
Noticed a few of these stuck to my glass near the sand bed. They're really small, brown colored (pics look greenish bit theyre brown), with a tiny white ball that sticks it to the glass. The rest is like feathery branches that move with the current, not stringy like strands of hair, definitely feather like.They are VERY hard to pick off the glass. Scrubber wont remove them, and even picking at them with my finger nail they're tough to get off.
Tried to get better pics in a seperate container but no luck.
Any help is appreciated.
20200508_143500.jpg
20200508_143242.jpg
20200507_175700.jpg

I have these in my tank to they are like a hair algae and spread fast but are not coral killers just like another algae in your tank what I find removes them best is scrubbing with a tooth brush

I have these in my tank to they are like a hair algae and spread fast but are not coral killers just like another algae in your tank what I find removes them best is scrubbing with a tooth brush
Thanks!
I'm not happy to hear someone else is dealing with these, but i am really glad for the help.
I wonder what exactly it is? Can't find anything like it online that matches.

Thanks!
I'm not happy to hear someone else is dealing with these, but i am really glad for the help.
I wonder what exactly it is? Can't find anything like it online that matches.
Its definitely not as bad as you would think it just doesnt look good on frag plugs

Reactions: KJB
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back