Help Needed with Return from Sump

AC_Rhino

Non-member
I'm putting in a 10 gallon sump for my 40br. I already have a large HOB skimmer and a large HOB refugium. I'm going to use the sump as a refugium/frag tank as well as a time out room if I need to take out a bully or a murder crab.

I'm using an Eshopps PF-300 Overflow Box and I will have 1" flex hose running into the sump (I'll add a ball valve). The 10 gallon tank will have a Oceanbox Designs Deluxe Sump Kit for 10 Gallon Aquarium (Black/Clear) with a filter sock. I'm going to use a Jebao DCS 2000 return pump that I will use 1" flex to a hard PVC with a Y valve. What I can't figure out is what should I use to actually deliver the water from the PVC to the tank? I've seen billions of pics of people with these flexible hoses that spray the water into the tank but I can't find anything online ... can you guys point me in the right direction for what to do with the return and/or give me any other advice?

Thanks a lot.

I have almost the exact same setup except I'm using a rio 1400 on the return with 3/4 flex hose with online ball valve(valve is completely open) but depending on that pumpand flow rate you may need to install a ball valve reduce the flow.

On your drain you do not need a ball valvebut if you do install one you want it completely open

This is what I have connected to the flex hose going into the tank

Attachments

• IMG_2076.PNG
    IMG_2076.PNG
    317.2 KB · Views: 406
Last edited:
Ok, I saw that but didn't know if it will work, I will give it a try. I wanted ball vales on intake and return in case I wanted to shut them off. The Y value is to protect from a possible reverse siphon.

How does it work for you?

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back