Help! sick fish before move to new tank

Ray

frrrrunkis
BRS Member
OK here is the problem, I am about to switch a 29G tank over to a 60G tank. Yesterday I had picked up a Mandarin and put it in the tank and all was fine.
Well last night the power went out for about 4 hours, I had an air pump in the water the whole time. When I had left for work (4AM) the power was still out but came back on at 8ish. When I got in from work and looked in the 29G my 2 tomato clowns have white stuff all over them and the males eyes are both cloudy. Now it does not look like ich more like a fungus. Every other fish in the tank looks fine, not a spec on them! What should I do before I make the transfer over to the new tank? Just add the rock and Quarenteen all the fish but the mandarin? Just Q the clowns? Dip the fish in something before adding them?

thanks for any help

Ray,
I would quarenteen the two clown fish in the 29, or setup the 12 gallon eclipse if you need to break the 29 down.
Jeff

I also have a 5.5 gallon tank, do you think that would be big enough? Both fish are still pretty small, 2 inches at best

Two inches total or both fish are 2" each. 5.5 gallons sounds pretty small. I would setup something larger and throw in some PVC pieces for them to hide in.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back