Help! Tanks off fish corals dead arlington

cstacks

Non-member
Hey all came home from nyc weekend to my two tanks off and can’t tell why. I keep plugging stuff in other outlets and having brownouts/electrical issues. I can’t tell if the heater or fans (flow things) are causing a short. Any electrical people have any ideas? I can get the return on but the flow is slow and getting weird electrical stuff. Anyone willing to come out for like $50-$100 anyone willing to store my corals for a fee and many frags as a gift in the meantime? No idea where to go what to do this stinks will try to get to bottom tonight let you all know any electricians if free for emergency visit I’d be game I’m in Arlington. Thanks fingers crossed... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have extra heaters I’m gonna try to replace that and try to see if that can bridge me until I can get an electrician over

It’s gotta be the main return actually it keeps tripping out an 2 years old any idea where to get biocube return???

See if u can find a mj or a cobalt to throw in there I'll look to see if I still have a spare

Yea I have other pumps I don’t think it’s the pump anymore it has to be something electrical where it can’t take the amps anymore so strange I think I have it all running now until tomorrow with brownouts so strange! I’ll try the other pump why not. So odd! Gonna do more electrical tests

Starting to think it is a bad breaker that can’t take higher amps. I now have things sort of running/recovering. I think now I need an electrician to come or to try to replace breaker myself. Thanks for help everyone so appreciated!!! :)

You might want to pick up an outlet tester ~ about $5 at the despot. and it can confirm if your neutral, hot and grounds are correct per outlet. I can understand a breaker popping when a heater engages, but sounds like you are not popping breakers.

Great idea I’m gojng to get an outlet tester Tom. I also having an electrician out to see if breakers need replacing. It’s odd the breakers are not popping but I still getting brown outs and stuff. I took all surge protectors off and flow and now just have tanks running with heater and return and lights for now. So far no brownouts or anything. Once I add more load it has issues. Will have electrician out and take it from there thanks for help everyone I def think it could be a bad breaker.

Where are you located? I am an electrician. BTW, a plug tester will only tell you some basic things, not really what you need for this problem.

Keep in mind I am NOT an electrician. Are your tanks on dedicated breakers or is the circuit shared with other things. Did you try tripping the breaker manually and then resetting it? Is it a ground fault outlet or ground fault breaker? Those have both gone bad on me in the past. If the circuit is shared, and you do have an electrician come over, you might want to have them run a dedicated circuit for each tank.
Jeff

Theses are all great ideas I’m going to go down there now and try to replace the breaker and do more tests/cleaning. Going to also pm the electrician here. While it’s sad to lose my clownfish and a bunch of corals I it could be worse and will be nice to set everything correct this time around. Thanks!

We seemed to figure it out it was the meter on the outside the house must have had snow and water inside corroding out a wire. I’m only getting 80 volts on downstairs causing issues. Might be a good idea to try to shelter electrical meters from snow/rain this was a major pain it’s at least nice to know the issue and that we can fix it soon. Thanks for the help everyone!

The meter is off so that’s why we think when we open it tomorrow hopefully we can fix that connection and be good to go :)

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back