Help with lights

scabbedwings616

Non-member
I need some help with my t5 lights. It is an aquatic life 6 bulb and I went to change out the lights tonight. When change the two outer ones, one went in easy, the other would not come back on. Now I’m running with only with 4 bulbs on my 90g tank and one of the lights is new. Is there a way to fix this or if someone can either come and help me. I’ve never had this happen before.

I have not had this brand light, but it sounds like a connection / contact issue with the bulb prongs and endcaps in the fixture. Fluorescents are known for this. Make sure you did not damage the endcap where bulb prongs fit into on each end. If it is a rotating endcap (I have a Current fixture like this), make sure you seat the prongs on both ends and carefully rotate the bulb into position of lock simultaneously. They are delicate. I hope this helps.

Change out the old one that is in there now. If the one that is in there is bad then it won't turn on. Use the one that you already took out to see if it's the end cap or the bulbs

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back