Hi All

TaPena

Non-member
Hey BRS,

My name is Tirso and I live in Westwood, MA. Glad to join the group. I am a lover of all animals and currently hold freshwater aquariums. I have been doing my research for the past 2 years in order to better prepare myself for saltwater and reef life. Currently holding on to a 125 gal I will be setting up as my first saltwater (BIG thanks to T. Vaillancourt).

A little about myself, I studied biochemistry and molecular biology at UMass Amherst and currently work in healthcare field. I have a red-eared slider, 1 shrimp tank, 3x goldfish tank, 1 betta tank, and a tropical community tank. I am well versed in freshwater care but still fairly a novice when it comes to salt.

Any and all wisdom is much appreciated and I look forward to being a part of the club!

Thank you all

Welcome to BRS!

Are you doing the 125g w/ a sump?
Yes, although I am looking for a more formal sump right now. I have two 10-gals under the cabinet right now. If I don't end up finding a pre-made sump then I'll make one out of a 20-long

I didn't own it! That was a donation from a former member Dennis. I was just the middle man :) I wish I had a bigger system!

Maybe try a 29 or 40 breeder if room allows. More volume = more room to add things down the line. I have a 20 long in my 72 bowfront (space restrictions) I have no room down there!

Welcome and what’s the width on a 125?
Have a sump you could have for free if it fits

Let me know exactly and I’ll measure out the sump I have at my sisters house

Chris while you were upstairs working on bens tank Tirso his brother myself and Anthony were removing the tank from Ben’s basement.

It’s that tank

Back