Hi everyone

hanse_2020

Non-member
Hi to everyone I'm new on saltwater fish and I looking for some the can go to my place a take a look on my tank to see if everything is on

Welcome to the BRS Hanse. Lot's of great members and info here. Hopefully someone is available to coordinate with you. Where are you located?

Cheers!

Joe

Hey thanks chris I really need the help this month alone I lose two clown fish just got home and found one more dead so only 3 fish left

I lost my eel last month I was destroyed he was my favorite

Attachments

• 20200110_170155.jpg
    20200110_170155.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 420
  • B16521D1-.jpg
    B16521D1-.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 412
My two clown fish I lost this month and I got a puffer and I don't want to lose him neither so right now can't buy no fish until I make sure water is 99.9% perfect for my fish

Do you test your water? That's the first thing you need to become accustomed to. If so, post your results.

My two clown fish I lost this month and I got a puffer and I don't want to lose him neither so right now can't buy no fish until I make sure water is 99.9% perfect for my fish
Correct. Adding anything to this point is not a good (or ethical) decision.

These are what you should be shooting for and should ideally have
Temperature: between 75° and 80° F and constant - Should not fluctuate much
Ammonia: 0 ppm - Toxic if not 0
Nitrite: 0 ppm - Toxic if not 0
Nitrate: < 10 ppm - Can be toxic to livestock if too high
pH: between 8.1 and 8.4
Specific Gravity: 1.024-1.026 (1.025 is ideal)

My amonia was ok but nitrate is high
Can you test and post all your parameters? Im sure one of the great members will be able to help but you need to post the info noted below.

Salinity?
Nitrite?
Nitrate?
Ammonia?
Calcium?
Magnesium?
Alkalinity?

I when to Petco because I little low on money so I need to buy a test Kit I just check salinity and right now is on 1.023 ammonia was good but both test my nitrate was high. Everything I got so far sorry for not having all information

Welcome to the hobby and Boston Reefers. How long has your tank been set up? Was it started with live rock or dry? What did your cycle look like? Tank size, equipment, husbandry(water change frequency?) did you quarantine? The questions can be endless so just try to inform us of the circumstances that have lead to your current position. Keeping fish alive is one of the easier parts of the hobby so something is fundamentally wrong IMO and if you have that trigger and have killed an eel and an angelfish you haven’t exactly adhered to a beginner list of fish. Relying on petco is a mistake. REEF SLOW and research research research. The internet is filled with viable information that is easily accessible on this forum and others. How fast did you stock the tank? When your fish died did you find the bodies or were they acting off beforehand? Description of their behaviors prior to death may help us narrow out causes.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back