Hi everyone

Tank been set up 4 month now. I started with dry rock then wish to live rock. (only got one dry rock left)
i started my tank once i move in on a bigger apartment. tank size 50 gallon i was changing water every week but i haven't change this week do busy scheduled. no quarantine because i bought all the fish from the same buying and at the same time. i went to petco because i did not have any more test kit so it was my only option. and one off the employ is a good friend and he`s also on saltwater. one mistake i did was i bought the fish a month after setting up the

fish. my eel was doing great eating well but after a month he was breathing fast. so when i test the water amonia was high and Salinity was low. but i did fix it but he was still breathing fast. I first clownish found dead after i arrive from new jersey but before i left i did a water change and make sore they were feed and not signs off any sick. the a few days later i notice my orange clown had white spot so i tough it was Ich. i bought a treatment for it but next day when i got home i work night shift i found it dead. so today after doing some errands i found another fish

this is the tank I using for it

Attachments

• 20191010_121941.jpg
    20191010_121941.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 394
Im fish are breathing heavy im guessig not fully cycled. It may be now. Get a cheap api test kit test ammonia nitrite and nitrate. Usally ammonia or nitrite can cause this

Ok so I found ich on my saltwater tank so I think that's what is been killing my fish and also on my freshwater tank

take all fish out of saltwater and QT and treat with copper power slowly dosed up to 2.0ppm. tank needs to remain fish less for 72 days. do not treat fish with any type of copper inside the saltwater tank.
this is a great article with guidelines for most fish.

The problem is 1 no more money for coper power.
2 no QT tank to separate the fish. And 3 now my fresh water fish are showing ich symptoms is getting to the point off point off giving up on both is stressful right now

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back