higher end coral care

FishieBusiness

BRS Member
Hi All,

I have recently decided to step up my tank to some Acro, Digi, monti, and a Birdsnest. I have tons of shrooms(4types well over 100), 2types palys, and others but not important. I had done the usual internet research as to care but I really what real world experiences as to what foods to use and how to apply????

Hi All,

I have recently decided to step up my tank to some Acro, Digi, monti, and a Birdsnest. I have tons of shrooms(4types well over 100), 2types palys, and others but not important. I had done the usual internet research as to care but I really what real world experiences as to what foods to use and how to apply????

High end corals must think “I am a high end coral, I will eat something different than lower end Corals”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SPS tend to like higher flow, cleaner water than mushroom.

I do see the humor in the question now, but it sounded so good it my head.

If you’re talking just stepping into SPS from softies then the biggest transition will be much much more flow, cleaner water and more stable parameters. Oh yeah and more light. I am starting think the flow might be the most important of listed above.

I feed my corals Reef Roids with a long syringe by slowly letting it fall on the polyps. Also I turn off all the flow first. There’s some pretty good YouTube videos that you can see to do it

Thanks everyone that has chimed in, I REALLY appreciate all the input in helping me care for my wet friends!!!

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back