WTB Hippo Tang

newenglandreef

BRS Member
So my daughter finally talked me into putting a "Dory" in my tank. I'm near Natick/Framingham, but I don't want to buy one from Tropic Isle. What's the best option? Live Aquaria? Somewhere local? I don't really want one of those thumbnail-sized ones.

Thank you!

Redsea260

BRS Member
Jays Aquatic often have them. I got one from them about a month ago. Give them a call in advance but worth a drive.

TJ Reefer

Formerly Known as FishFail
BRS Member
So my daughter finally talked me into putting a "Dory" in my tank. I'm near Natick/Framingham, but I don't want to buy one from Tropic Isle. What's the best option? Live Aquaria? Somewhere local? I don't really want one of those thumbnail-sized ones.

Thank you!
I got mine there about 9 months ago. its doing great. Bought 1 from european aquatics that never lasted more than a month.

newenglandreef

BRS Member
Jays Aquatic often have them. I got one from them about a month ago. Give them a call in advance but worth a drive.
I love that place, bit it's a hike. I'd probably just do a Live Aquaria. Ever since Unique A shut down, we really don't have a reliable reef store in the Boston area.

newenglandreef

BRS Member
I got mine there about 9 months ago. its doing great. Bought 1 from european aquatics that never lasted more than a month.
Was it one of those tiny ones they usually have? I figured out with them that you have to make sure they've had a fish in the tank for at least a week. I'm pretty sure they order through Live Aquaria--think I remember seeing a shipment once.

TJ Reefer

Formerly Known as FishFail
BRS Member
Was it one of those tiny ones they usually have? I figured out with them that you have to make sure they've had a fish in the tank for at least a week. I'm pretty sure they order through Live Aquaria--think I remember seeing a shipment once.
Which one? The one from tropic isle was about 3 inches an had been there for 2 weeks. I really like fishworks in Ashland. Its about an hour from me. Everything is quarantined for 2 weeks and eats pellets Guaranteed!

newenglandreef

BRS Member
I'll give them a try before going online. I love Live Aquaria for fish--you just need to order $150 to get free shipping. Or pay for shipping, and it's $150 anyway. Seems like anytime I see hippos in Tropic Aisle, they're always a single tank with about a dozen 1" long hippos.

Redsea260

BRS Member
I love that place, bit it's a hike. I'd probably just do a Live Aquaria. Ever since Unique A shut down, we really don't have a reliable reef store in the Boston area.
Unique A is still around. They are just operating out of their home now, nearby their former store. Check out the Sponsor section of the forum and you can find their contact.

newenglandreef

BRS Member
Unique A is still around. They are just operating out of their home now, nearby their former store. Check out the Sponsor section of the forum and you can find their contact.
they are good guys-- I just liked being able to kill a few minutes swinging in and checking out the tanks.

Upcoming Events

To Be Announced Soon