~~ HOTT ROCKS!! ;) Raffle Thread ~~

Would you pay $5/lb for this man-made, premium dry rock?

• Yes

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • No

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • I want it but for less -- please specify how much you'd be willing to pay

Votes: 16 27.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LoveTheReef

BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
Premium Hand-made, man-made, WSI Fiji Rocks are in the house!!

I only got one box to see how they look (since they're rather expensive), and I'm already sold!!! Thinking about getting a few more boxes right away!

Here's some hott rock eye candy! haha

16894833897_a942ccd05f_z.jpg

16482075853_7b40c9c124_z.jpg

Gorgeous Shelf Piece:
17102218315_310ba28fe1_z.jpg

16894833927_aaae1b6ff8_z.jpg

What do you guys think? Is it worth $5/lb (retail) ?

----- This is a poll thread, which, at LTR, implies it's a raffle thread! ;) Please post "I voted" once you vote so we can add you to the raffle ($50 livestock gift certificate) -----

Thanks!

- Archit

Personally, I would like to see and MSDS sheet in regards to the contents of the rock... In other words what are the components/ingredients.

Is "Hot Rocks" the brand?

OMG! I think this is my second post in a sponsors forum in four years.

I voted yes because it looks like it comes in some pretty interesting shapes. Do they do custom stuff?

I wouldn't outfit my entire tank with it but that arch piece is pretty sweet. I'd add that in a heartbeat

Thanks guys!

Here's some more info regarding the rock:

http://reefbuilders.com/2014/07/23/...tainability-with-reefrock-and-reefproject2-0/

I'm not sure if they do custom stuff, but I can most definitely ask!!

It feels porous but we'll see .... thinking about starting a whole new tank just to feature this rock. It's expensive but I really like the look of it. And it's purple (not the cheap purple that been hitting the shelves lately -- but more "realistic" purple) so that would look pretty neat to I'd imagine. We'll find out soon enough! ;)

That lace rock in the link would be pretty cool for various light levels of corals. Think of them as little shelves

I voted yes because I paid $8 a pound for my rock. If I saved $3 a pound on 100# I could buy some serious "seeding" from companies out there. I do love the true live rock though, it's tough to replace but thinking how reefs get destroyed from buying it really turns me off.

Buy a bunch, seed it yourself, sell it for more :)

I voted yes, but cheaper... maybe $3-4/lb. Like others I'd only go for a couple unique pieces like the Arch(it).

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back