How close is to close

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky88

Non-member
Anyone find it alittle off putting when the ppl running a contest win it. This has been great site for info and to find frags and what not but...as a new comer to the sight I find sponsors and officers winning contests and sponsors grabbing cheap deals a alittle less than transparent. Ppl would lose there mind if a lottery employee one. If a radio dj's producer enter and won a contest. I thank you guys for running the sight and all but it just looks bad to be winning contests you set up.

I'd agree if one of us was a judge and we go, oh my tank is the best I win. Or even an auction so people dont have to take a hit.
I believe you are talking about Pauly and the photography contest though. That is voted on by members of the site. I dont know how that would be rigged. Especially knowing that all Pauly does is take pics of his tank.
In the end we are reefers too, and want to participate.
I know what you are getting at, but I really think its off base...nobody here is trying to screw anyone.
If it is a problem, I think its something to bring up at next meeting.

Non of u guys are rigging a contest to get a free coral. Not saying that. Just that ppl go to great lengths to avoid this kind of thing cause of the appearence thats all.

You guys are probably volenteer so I also think you should get paid lol

Yeah a lot of us stepped up because the board would be wide open otherwise. Ive been around brs since I was little sorta....with my dad being a part of it. I would hate to see it die because we dont have anyone to run it.

@Sparky88 thank you for your concerns but the photo contest you speak of, all of the photos submitted are unknown to all who vote. There are no rules pertaining to anyone being prohibited from entering/winning even club officers. I’m not sure why you are writing this rant here but it really is not necessary to air these type of complaints and discretely accuse the club/club officers of some kind of foul play with a photo contest. I guess my best advice I can give if this truly bothers you, if you don’t like the rules then don’t enter the contest. Everyone in this club is proud of the photos the get of the animals we raise from a spec sometimes even club officers. This is a club not a company geeze! It is here to help provide info to others who enjoy the hobby and need direction and to have fun as a group. That being said please lighten up. Take some awesome pictures and enter the contest this month it is mushrooms. This is pinned in the photography section.

Thank you again for you concern

Mods please lock from any further comments as I can see this post may get a bit out of hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back