How do you do your photoperiod?

afboundguy

Acan's are inedible candy
Staff Member
BRS Member
I've been thinking of tweaking my photoperiod a bit and was curious what others are doing? Currently I ramp mine up from nothing to the highest setting I run them at from 7am to around 1pm then run them for 4 hours at highest and then ramp them down until 10 pm so its 15 hours total. I've seen a lot of set ups that fo like a 1 hour ramp up and ramp down and 10 hours at highest setting they run for 12 hours total. I was thinking of doing something similar as my refugium lighting is on at the same time for 3 or 4 hours in the morning. Just curious to others thoughts that's all...

My Photoperiod.JPG

15hrs, IMO, is too long and unnecessary. Yes nature daylight light can last that long but it has clouds, rain, etc.

Mine is simple. 2-10. With 45mins of ramp up and ramp down.
3560A465-2E2E-4E0C-8DFF-7778B942C166.png

Oh geeeehhhh. We now have designer photoperiod....
Hope you didn’t have to pay for that.

Like Paul said, free presets. I was too lazy to learn the AI phone app to set it up, so I used this one.

If I had to pay for it, I would have figured it out and made my own.

In this case, why reinvent the wheel.

I see. Ecotech has some template too but they did the research themselves and just called it AB+, Phenix, LPS. Not saying it’s better or anything just don’t want some guy slapping his name on everything.

I see. Ecotech has some template too but they did the research themselves and just called it AB+, Phenix, LPS. Not saying it’s better or anything just don’t want some guy slapping his name on everything.

Yeah, I was actually reading about the AB+ templates when I was looking into how to program these. There are some people who've migrated those settings into the AI format. I might have even downloaded a couple.

I just thought it was interesting that he put in the peaks; to me that would simulate the variability of clouds/etc. Too bad you can't randomize the peaks a little to make it a little more variable.

Basically you guys convinced me to switch it up. In regards to the 15 hour period 2-4 hours of it was really really low and almost like a moon light. Hopefully the new lights will up the growth and I'll ramp it up nice and slowly...

E962DEC4-E886-468C-ADD4-19F3A2CA4BF1.png

24hr photo period kind of a mad man my ai schedule closet mimics the saxby AI profile

My t5s front bulbs 12-8 back bulbs 4-8

Orphek or3 planning to run 2-6 (once I make a bracket to attach it)

My Reefbreeders Photon V2+ Schedule

1595448917862.png

With help from Dong! Fuge lighting runs opposite.

Aquatic life with ATI Blue+ turn on from 12-4PM with my photon program
58F6B055-81D1-4427-B7B0-0254F7044535.jpeg

Back