How hardy are BTAs?

RazorD

Non-member
Hello (new here)- question about BTAs. I’ve unsuccessfully attempted them twice a few years ago when my tank was only about 4-5 months old. Lost the first one to a powerhead and the second attempt ended shortly as well (just died). My tank is more mature right now and thinking about giving it another go. Appreciate some opinions/experiences.

Thanks!

They are pretty damn hardy. If your water quality is pretty good, and they get the light and flow they like they hardly move.

Find one that has been in a tank for a while. If you buy from a pet store it has a chance of being wild caught. Another Reefer here told me wild caught are under a lot more stress and die more easily than aqua cultured.

I have a rainbow bta I am putting up for sale for $40 if you are interested. I have owned it for 2 years and it has split for me 5-6x. I am in Leominster and can bring it to the meeting in Framingham next Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Very generous offer and I wish I could take you up on it, but I won’t be able to make that. In Ri and other plans that weekend.

Appreciate offer and info. Though!

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back