How high of a temp would you be willing to go before intervening?

Is it only the RPM reefbreeders pump that can be used off a power bank? Or other reefbreeders pumps too?

Taking the plexiglas lid off my aquarium made a helpful difference in the temperature of my tank. Went from a high of 85 to a high of 82. The evaporation rate doubled though. Still making adjustments, but I now seem to be losing about about 2L per day from my 50g tank from evaporation.
Evaporation will vary day to day, you should have a ATO (Auto Top Off) set up. Will help with consistent salinity.

Is it only the RPM reefbreeders pump that can be used off a power bank? Or other reefbreeders pumps too?

RPM is the only Reefbreeders branded pump. It is an identical pump as Coralbox RN-1.

I have tested several other brands of pumps with the Reefbreeders power adapter but the results are not very promising.

Also the power adaptor is made by Reefbreeders and it has a little gadget embedded in it as far as I can tell. It is only bundled with Reefbreeders RP-M pumps.

Hope this helps.

I carry Reefbreeders RP-M pumps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@serwobow it looked like it went into a special pulse mode designed to maximize battery life automatically, like a life support mode. 3.5 hours and my bank was still well above 75% full

I have the Anker power bank from Amazon, 20k mAh very good, that and the reefbreeders rpm saved my a** last week
Nice to hear that. I think I will get that battery, or similar one. Do you set the pump on a low setting when you use it so that the battery will last longer, or does it matter?

Lower setting does provide longer battery life.

@serwobow it looked like it went into a special pulse mode designed to maximize battery life automatically, like a life support mode. 3.5 hours and my bank was still well above 75% full

Does your phone power bank has a 5V output? Some older phone powerbank has 3.5v out put.

Evaporation will vary day to day, you should have a ATO (Auto Top Off) set up. Will help with consistent salinity.
Thanks. Yeah, I use a dosing pump with 24 equal doses/day. An ATO would be better, but I am trying to keep the amount of equipment to a minimum. I adjust the dosing volume as needed to maintain a semi-consistent tank volume. Not the best, but it works ok.

I have the heater unplugged, the shades drawn, reschedule the light all to come later in the and off later at night. Glass cover is half opened and then a cheap dual window fan that come on before the lights go on and off after the lights go off. This works for me the room stays dark for most the day and keep my temp. at 78.5 to about 80.5. Here is a pic with the lights off
0938a7aca13142aa2b4570d0c71dddf4.jpg
e2530f038f542079274d1044b7bdb86f.jpg
a422028ade16c6bd7db59c91a3be2159.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back