How often do you clean equipment?

Arsalan

____LifeLongLearner____ BRS BoD
Officer
BRS Member
I always keep an eye on my equipment and once they get dirty enough I clean them. And by clean, I mean I don’t half a** it. I completely take it apart and clean it like it’s brand new. I like to think it increases lifespan of the equipment. Today it’s my lights.

Anyone else do this?

Attachments

• 0B810403-0478-4FD0-A508-199135C289B8.jpeg
    0B810403-0478-4FD0-A508-199135C289B8.jpeg
    268.2 KB · Views: 193
I clean everything. Today is the day like you that I was planning to take the time and clean everything in and out. I soak the equipment in a vinegar water solution. I can see when my pumps need a cleaning,because I’ll see micro bubbles spit out of return occasionally. My systems equipment gets cleaned top to bottom every two months unless I notice something off. It’s good to keep your equipment clean. Most of our equipment is made to take apart and really get in there and clean out. I agree with you this will help the lifespan of our equipment. Happy Reefing!

Right now I'm being better after losing a powerhead and I'm doing powerheads monthly, in-water pumps (return and skimmer) every three months and my external pump every six months. I don't do anything with my lights other than swap out T5s every 12-18 months.

I've sprayed the fan on my radion before but never really cleaned it. I guess I should do that..

I don't have an exact routine for the pumps. Whenever I feel like they need it. Probably ends up being a couple times a year.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back