Hydros Control 4

kl3377

Non-member
Seriously considering purchasing a Hydros Control 4. I currently use a Reefkeeper Lite to control my heaters and UV sterilizer. My lights are controlled with a Kessil controller and my pumps also have their own controllers. Dosing handled by Bubble Magus. I am tired of handheld ph testers and I also want to add an ATO to my system. I would love to go Apex but $1000 plus is not in the cards, would prefer to spend the money on coral. Anyone out there have feedback on these? Pros and Cons? Thanks

Well I ended up ordering and it arrived yesterday. Few bumps in the road during setup. Connecting wifi outlets and something else that led to setting the unit back to factory defaults but with a little help from the Hydros forum she is up and running. I am still tweaking the alerts and settings but I find a great deal of comfort having alerts to let me know when something goes wrong. My RK temp was reading 3 degrees warmer than the Hydros and after some testing the Hydros appears to be more accurate. Not surprised after removing the RK probe, I will clean it up and plug it back in to see if they are still different.

Ordered the Control 4 Kit with Protein Skimmer sensor, Water level sensor, single plug, and micro dc pump.

Been running mine for a week or two now. Setup was easier than apex and reef keeper IMO. Make sure to set up your emergency notification interval, factory default is once a minute and I woke up to 99+texts/emails saying my parameters were outside of the settings LOL

lol - I set up the ph probe numbers before taking out of the package solution (roughly ph 4) and had many alerts before I turned it off.

lol - I set up the ph probe numbers before taking out of the package solution (roughly ph 4) and had many alerts before I turned it off.
They need an alert ignore button, I literally had to adjust my acceptable temps to get it to stop alerting me while I resolved the issue(added another heater as temp was low). Certainly there are some unfound issues in their software

How are you 2 doing with the hydros system. I like the idea of the wave engine and I'm now thinking about going all hydros instead of apex.

How are you 2 doing with the hydros system. I like the idea of the wave engine and I'm now thinking about going all hydros instead of apex.
Hydros has been awesome. Still not 100% sure how to stop an alert once it’s been initiated lol, lots of beeping and flashing red lights and texts/emails. The only way I have resolved it is by initiating feed mode and then bouncing back to normal mode which “resets” it. Beyond that easily solvable issue it has been great. Way better than the apex junior I never figured out how to setup.
7A29DF0C-27D1-4D77-8A1E-852F5D257502.png

it’s nice to check in on my app during the day. Highly recommended product.

Very happy, app is quite addictive. Support is great. There is a Hydros forum, never feel hung out to dry.

If you click on the Tile giving the alert and select Off the notifications will stop. Also, under notification preferences you can increase the interval. For example, i get notified every 30 minutes if I dont resolve the alarm.

If you click on the Tile giving the alert and select Off the notifications will stop. Also, under notification preferences you can increase the interval. For example, i get notified every 30 minutes if I dont resolve the alarm.
Are you using the computer for this? This morning I had a power outage, tank dropped to 72. Power came back on and the hydros didn’t start my heater until it was connected to the internet(seems bad). Now it’s up and running but blinking red lights beeping endlessly and texting me. I can get it to stop for the life of me.
444E72E2-766D-4831-9732-86438F292041.png
5A04B71C-C2ED-43D1-8FEF-98EFFA75CC1F.png
not seeing where to stop it lol

Ugh I was just about to order one. I was curious what would happen in a power outage. I guess apex being hard wired to each unit isn't such a bad thing after all

Three Dots Top Right of Status Screen.

Attachments

• B14A7D64-6DC4-4A8D-8233-BF3EA84BB769.png
    B14A7D64-6DC4-4A8D-8233-BF3EA84BB769.png
    337.6 KB · Views: 153
You could also Temporarily change notification level to None from the screen you were on.

Attachments

• 97DCA2E6-5D51-4FBB-8EFB-2A519CBE6B71.png
    97DCA2E6-5D51-4FBB-8EFB-2A519CBE6B71.png
    344.1 KB · Views: 155
You should set your heater to Default ON. Then set the heater itself to a temp a couple degrees higher than the high setting on your Hydros.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back