I NEED UV STERILIZERS FEEDBACK

FREAKINRICAN69

BRS Member
Hello all,
Does anyone run one of these or has run one of these on they’re tanks? If so could you please advise as I want to setup but can’t seem to find out much information on the particular units I have and want to run it on lowest setting possible. Looking for pump flow rate etc as I want to run separately on its own pump etc! Any if all feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Stay safe and god bless us all from this dumb cov19.
1609BB93-7DCB-47B0-9D86-7F2D0E2B8505.jpeg0B364261-CBD8-4EEF-A835-54CC2BB0522D.jpeg
With Best Regards.

Last edited:
I run the 25 watt aqua UV on my 120G
Do you run it for algae control or fish disease? I know the slower rate concentrates on fish parasites or something along those lines and the higher rate is more for nuisance algae or something along those lines. Is this correct? I'm just trying to fine the exact or close to flow rate on either UV units i have. Thank you for your response @Cpage101

I know Mr Saltwater Tank himself isn't a fan of them at all. I don't run one at all myself
Yes it's an on and off subject and something that's been around a long time. Just never knew the basics or should i say details on it until now within the more research that has been done. Unfortunately the ones that i do have i don't have a chart to go off by and hate to set it up wrong it if it's supposed to be a certain flow etc... thanks for your response chief...

Running it very slow will kill free floating parasites and bacteria, faster flow rate will kill algae. Every sterilizer has a minimum and maximum flow rate, the maximum for the one you have is 4400gph. It’s rated for a koi pond, I looked it up. Hard to get spec sheet because it has been discontinued.

Last edited:
Running it very slow will kill free floating parasites and bacteria, faster flow rate will kill algae. Every sterilizer has a minimum and maximum flow rate, the maximum for the one you have is 4400gph. It’s rated for a koi pond, I looked it up. Hard to get spec sheet because it has been discontinued.

Noted, thank you chief.

I run a 15w on my 40gal fish qt it is the best! Same brand and model
Nice that's practically what i want to do with the odysea one which has a lower wattage but trying to also figure out the rate for the jebao and it being discontinued doesn't help me. I tried contacting them directly to see if i get some sort of feedback from them as well and awaiting they're response as well. But looking forward to any reefers with knowledge on these two particularly and or close to them anyhow to have a basic feel for better adjustment.

I run
Nice that's practically what i want to do with the odysea one which has a lower wattage but trying to also figure out the rate for the jebao and it being discontinued doesn't help me. I tried contacting them directly to see if i get some sort of feedback from them as well and awaiting they're response as well. But looking forward to any reefers with knowledge on these two particularly and or close to them anyhow to have a basic feel for better adjustment.
~300gpm thru mine to stop or slow pathogens. I strictly use it for fungal/bacterial control

Do you run it for algae control or fish disease? I know the slower rate concentrates on fish parasites or something along those lines and the higher rate is more for nuisance algae or something along those lines. Is this correct? I'm just trying to fine the exact or close to flow rate on either UV units i have. Thank you for your response @Cpage101
This link to the manual should help

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back