I think I’m over feeding my fish I give the a cube of frozen brine a cube of my sis a cube of frozen saltwater multipack and some pellets of crab cous

BostonBill

Non-member
And crab cousins .Then I feed my corals .my tank looked nice and clean and today I got another wave maker and it was disgusting how much extra food was coming up . I have a dole wave maker on my 50 gallon and 2 power heads .Is that too much my fish seen ok ? I’m going to start half cubes of all that food tomorrow. I only have about 8 fish and corals and inverts and crabs .Had to get rid of my favorite crab because he killed a goby . Little bummed raised them all from babies . My question is do you think I’m over feeding like I think I am and is 4 powerheads and a wave maker to much for my fish? I also had a bad case of string algae but I took all my rock out last night scrubbed them all down cleaned my glass did a 50% water change am using phosguard and and Microbe Lift so hopefully that will kill off the algae!

Attachments

• 72CED86D-2BB0-42AC-843F-2ABE00F1319F.jpeg
    72CED86D-2BB0-42AC-843F-2ABE00F1319F.jpeg
    175.1 KB · Views: 348
For feeding, a general recommendation is to only feed as much food that the fish can eat in 2 or 3 minutes. Snails are good for algae control. What is the GPH for those powerheads? Flow probably isn’t a problem for the fish.

Last edited:
And crab cousins .Then I feed my corals .my tank looked nice and clean and today I got another wave maker and it was disgusting how much extra food was coming up . I have a dole wave maker on my 50 gallon and 2 power heads .Is that too much my fish seen ok ? I’m going to start half cubes of all that food tomorrow. I only have about 8 fish and corals and inverts and crabs .Had to get rid of my favorite crab because he killed a goby . Little bummed raised them all from babies . My question is do you think I’m over feeding like I think I am and is 4 powerheads and a wave maker to much for my fish? I also had a bad case of string algae but I took all my rock out last night scrubbed them all down cleaned my glass did a 50% water change am using phosguard and and Microbe Lift so hopefully that will kill off the algae!
For feeding, a general recommendation is to only feed as much food that the fish can eat in 2 or 3 minutes. Snails are good for algae control. What is the GPH for those powerheads? Flow probably isn’t a problem for the fish.
Thanks bad baby fry I switched it up I got the wave maker on one side and I got 2 powerheads on the other side. I’m gonna cut there morning food in half I’m gonna cut the cubes in half hopefully that will do it
Thanks again Bill

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back