Ich/polyp lab medic

tkyee98

Yeet.Reefing
BRS Member
My sail fin tang ended up getting ich and my hippo tang is starting to pop up with a few spots. I don’t think I can break down my whole tank to catch all the fish for QT properly so I was going to focus on using polyp lab medic and keeping the fish well fed and healthy. Any thoughts or experience with this?

Good luck, but check out Humblefish forums if you want to know about ways to deal with and eradicate ich. You’ll need to go fallow and treat the infected fish with copper or CP

If it comes down to it, I'll be setting up a 20 gallon QT and pulling all the fish use cupramine and going fallow for 2-3 months... I hope the natural immune system will be enough though

I've never used the product, but ich is such a pain to this hobby that it is hard to believe a product that does work would not have gained great attention.

I'd save the $40 and follow PSU4ME's advice. I also advise a minimum of 10 weeks fallow.

Did some research and I don’t think I’m going to risk using medic... even though some people say it’s safe I’m not risking my corals. I’ll probably go the ich management route and try to get the fish to shake the ich then use a UV sterilizer and keep my water parameters in check

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back