ID help

Joker

Viking Corals
BRS Member
I seen these frags today and one of them I and the guy have no idea what it can be. But the other frag he says it’s a Jedi mind trick monti. To me it looks more like a season greetings monti ( I could be wrong). So tell me what you guys think (1st & 2nd pic). The second frag is a chalice but we both couldn’t figure out what it is hopefully you guys can help. I think the chalice is lacking in color so it may be hard to tell exactly(3rd & 4th pic)

83B999EA-D524-4C77-962B-8762C115C713.jpeg

8D0D137C-E7FD-4DE3-9A4B-C3D90CF1A503.jpeg

53469D14-78CA-4134-9794-BDD5DB578F09.jpeg

A52BFC10-2A6E-40E4-B896-F4F7BCA32022.jpeg

I think that the monti is a jedi mind trick.
I have both the seasons greetings and the jedi mind trick in my tank, and am looking at them right now. There are a couple of differences that seem to distinguish them. First, the jedi mind trick has more prominent, larger red polyps. Second, the jedi mind trick has a purple/blueish growth ring, whereas the seasons greetings has a whitish growth ring. Their textures are also different, with the mind trick being a little smoother. On your coral, I can't tell the color of the growth ring, but the big red polyps and the smooth texture suggest to me that it is a jedi mind trick.

I think that the monti is a jedi mind trick.
I have both the seasons greetings and the jedi mind trick in my tank, and am looking at them right now. There are a couple of differences that seem to distinguish them. First, the jedi mind trick has more prominent, larger red polyps. Second, the jedi mind trick has a purple/blueish growth ring, whereas the seasons greetings has a whitish growth ring. Their textures are also different, with the mind trick being a little smoother. On your coral, I can't tell the color of the growth ring, but the big red polyps and the smooth texture suggest to me that it is a jedi mind trick.

In these pics of the monti the polyps are not even halfway out yet. He stressed the coral by moving it to the front so I can take a good pic. When I first saw it before the movement the polyps were very big

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended up getting this coral from my buddy for free. I dont think it's a monti cap at all. I just stumbled across the same looking coral on wwc. Let me know what you guys think.

First pic is my coral
20200213_235640.jpg

These next pics are from wwc website

20200213_235330.jpg

received_570926413493941.jpeg

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back