ID please

sumant19

BRS Member
Saw this creature on the glass wall today.. not sure what it is.. any ideas?

Attachments

• 7C537E4B-CEE0-44CE-8956-0395130E9EA1.jpeg
    7C537E4B-CEE0-44CE-8956-0395130E9EA1.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 232
That’s a nudibranch
If you added aptasia eating ones could be that. But if you didn’t add any I’d get it out asap

Thanks for the quick response.. I took it out.. is it like “if you see one then there are 10 hidden”?

Thanks for the quick response.. I took it out.. is it like “if you see one then there are 10 hidden”?

Yeah or even hundreds depending on your stock.
If you can get all your zoas out, I’d dip them along with the rocks they’re on/near.

If not, turn the white lights off and leave only blues on. They typically have the coloring of the zoas they’re eating. Try to at least dip the zoa colonies that match those colors. Also look for the closed up zoas, that could mean they’re pissed at being eaten alive. You can also spot them this way too when the blues are on.

Pretty cool looking creatures but unfortunately not as cool as their food

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really appreciate all the inputs here.
Possible silver lining is I have only 2 rocks with zoas on it and no other corals.... I dipped both rocks in coral Rx solution and few more nudis came out.... I took out what looked like white detritus as @Aquatic Nerd said...

Can/should I repeat the Coral Rx treatment in a day or two to take care of any stragglers?

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back