Increasing NO3

BiGGiePauls33

Current BRS President
Staff member
Officer
BRS Member
Has anyone used NeoNitro from Brightwell for increasing their nitrates. Struggling to get above 2 ppm. I feed heavy multiple times a day to 2 large tomato clowns and a 6 line wrasse. I use Red Sea Pro test kit for nitrates and will be ordering the Nyos kit tomorrow as I've read some great things about them.

Hi,

I have recently had the same issue. My nitrates and phosphates bottomed out. At first, I tried feeding more. then I tried Red Sea Reef Energy for a few weeks. i also started adding phyto. Nothing gave reliable results until I started dosing NeoNitro and NeoPhos. I still dose it and get a good dose response in that my nitrates and phosphates are reasonably predictable depending on how much i dose.

As my tank consumes the stuff, I have found that i need to dose well over the suggested label starting doses and the only way to dial them in was to dose and test daily for a while. This was a great confirmation of the 'only dose what you can test' principle for me. i am still feeding heavily but not counting on feeding to keep my parameters in check.

Best of luck!

Hi,

I have recently had the same issue. My nitrates and phosphates bottomed out. At first, I tried feeding more. then I tried Red Sea Reef Energy for a few weeks. i also started adding phyto. Nothing gave reliable results until I started dosing NeoNitro and NeoPhos. I still dose it and get a good dose response in that my nitrates and phosphates are reasonably predictable depending on how much i dose.

As my tank consumes the stuff, I have found that i need to dose well over the suggested label starting doses and the only way to dial them in was to dose and test daily for a while. This was a great confirmation of the 'only dose what you can test' principle for me. i am still feeding heavily but not counting on feeding to keep my parameters in check.

Best of luck!
Thanks for your input, really appreciate it.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back