Introduction/Pics of my tank

Aquatic Nerd

(Formerly SeventyTimes7)
BRS Member
Hello all, My name is Josh.
I've been lurking/buying/selling and trading on the forums for about a year now.
Haven't done much interacting besides a post here and there maybe, but I figured it was time to come out of the shadows haha.
I've had my own reef tanks for only about a year and a half now. However, my passion stems from watching my dad(another Boston Reefer) keep his saltwater tank. I was always amazed by the cool creatures I'd see in his tank. My favorite then being his giant engineer goby we got from Klem's when they had saltwater. I wasn't terribly responsible as a kid so I don't fault my parents for not letting me keep a tank then. I lost interest in the hobby when my dad had a major tank crash and got out. I regained interest after stumbling on a Biocube 29 on Amazon that I ended up buying for my dad for Christmas. I got jealous just thinking of it and purchased my own Biocube 14 just a week later. I started that project January 2015, and took it down in February 2016 in order to upgrade to a 40 Breeder that i started in my first apartment. Not gonna lie and say I am a perfect reefer, because I'm not...my tank is kinda overstocked, but its going on 7 months old running beautifully and I can't get enough. Running this tank isn't enough for me though. I dream of having my own LFS, and if I plan everything right I'm thinking I may be able to when I retire from my full-time job.
Anyways enough babbling for now....here are some pictures.
wBVy6RS.jpg

lk54dz9.jpg

mQUMxh7.jpg

A2lm5Gr.jpg

EfRfefW.jpg

pTzYpwg.jpg

Thanks for your time and glad to be a part of the community

Thanks bro.
At this point I think I just need to sit back and let it all grow out. But I must collect more haha.

I'm with you, You're a few months ahead of me in the game but it's certainly addicting! I had to delete the online coral ashops from my browser to avoid the impulse buys. Just too much awesome stuff out there. Tank looks great!

Tank looks great! I am just getting my tank up and running... its an exciting time and also a time of patience which isn't easy.... haha

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back