Is gorilla tape tank safe?

Pmacha1a

Non-member
I just added a JBJ nano led to chamber 2 of my WB 20 cube and have this sliver of light shining through. It comes from a slit in the InTank media basket. I set this up with chaeto to be a refugium and don’t like the bleed through. Would gorilla tape on the media basket do anything to my water?

Attachments

• 8799F64D-4609-4375-9CC2-DC0239F86B52.jpeg
    8799F64D-4609-4375-9CC2-DC0239F86B52.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 304
I once used it on a fish jumping barrier a ways above the water line and found that the evaporation led it to lose its adhesiveness and fall of quickly (in my case, it just fell behind the tank no problem with pollutants)

Is this light spill coming from the rear chambers under the false wall into the display? If so I have been experiencing a similar scenario and found putting a sandbed down in the display stopped the issue. If you are BB it might take so ingenuity to solve.

The rear wall black covering is intact. This is a slit in the media basket that allows the light to shine through. I’m thinking of trimming off a strip from the chamber box cover I have and sliding into the slit instead of gorilla tape.

I have a thin cutting board in my sump to help block light from the fuge light. A small piece of plastic or dark acrylic might work.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the tips and answers. I love this group because I learn so much from reading all the posts and answers

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back