Jan. 2005 Frag swap thread

Armando

v 4.0
The Jan meeting is less than 3 weeks away (29 Jan 2005).
Click here for information about the Jan. '05 meeting featuring Dr. Charles Mazel.
If you have general questions about the meeting, use the link above and ask the questions there. These frag swap threads get pretty busy.

Now onto the fun:
We're going to hold the usual frag swap.

What do you have to trade? What frags are you looking for?

I'm looking for some pods. Very small clumps of chaeto with a few pods in there would be fantastic. I don't need a lot of chaeto, just a very small ammount with some pods to jumpstart my fuge pod population.

Thanks!

I second that (small chaeto clumps w/ pods)... I would also like a little live sand if someone could spare it! Biodiversity is my friend.

I have been making my own Powerhead holders. They are made from plexi and will hang on any tank. I use very high strengh velcro to attach them to the rim of the tank. I can make them up for people if they would like. I can make them in any lenght. I will sell them for $5-$7 depending on the lenght, or will trade for frags. I'm looking to see if anyone is interested. I will post a picture tonight when I get home.

I have a mated pair of Percula Clowns for $20 Both are big and had breed 3 times.

Green tree leather for $15 and they are around 3"x6".

A 2.5"x4" green galexia for $25

I can bring a bunch of chaeto for people who want it. It typically has crowds of pods in it, but I'll have to look more closely to see how my pod population survived the crash.

I'll be looking to buy frags to restock my crashed tank at the frag-swap, so I'm interested in all varieties of sps. I particularly want some fast growers to help get the tank back to looking alive. Favorites that I would like to replace are A. millepora, green slimer, purple rim cap, pink/peach pocilipora (not brown), tri-color acro, and pink birdsnest.

Thanks, Nate

I have the following frags available for the meeting (pics are of the actual frags):

Montipora digitata, purple - 2 large frags (2" tall x 2" wide), $10 each:
frag-fs-digitata-purple-20050110.jpg

Montipora cap, orange - 1 frag (irregular shape, 1 - 2" tall x 2" wide, accidentaly broken off a larger frag), $10:
frag-fs-monti-cap-orange-20050110.jpg

Zoos, green skirts with neon green centers - 1 frag (2" x 1", 20+ polyps), $10:
frag-fs-zoos-neon-green-20050110.jpg

Montipora digitata, 2 green and 1 orange - small frags (1" tall), $5 for all 3:
frag-fs-digitata-green-orange-20050110.jpg

Nuno

Btw, Nate, if you're interested in any of the above, just let me know, I'll give them to you to help restock your tank.

Nuno

Nuno, please allow Nate first choice... but if the "Zoos, green skirts with neon green centers - 1 frag (2" x 1", 20+ polyps)" are still available, I would be interested.

Jeff

Thanks Nuno, I might take you up on that. I want to try some montipora in my tank (probably end of this week) to act as a canary before I start stocking more interesting stuff. I don't care which one though, so if you have one left over in a bit I'll take that. I'm perfectly happy not a-choosin' when I'm a-beggin'! :D

Thanks!

Nate, are you referring to montipora cap or montipora digitata? I'll set whatever you want aside.

Nuno

Hey Nate and Nuno -

The monti cap Nuno has as well as the green or orange digitata would be better than the purple digi for testing Nate's 'new' tank. Purple Montis can be a little more fickle, in my experience.

Hey Nate - I also have a tree coral if you'd like, plus a few other gifts to get you back on track... including a frag each of Seriatopra (birdsnest), and A. millepora (pink, green, or blue... your choice).

bec

Nuno

I will take the Zoos, green skirts with neon green centers - 1 frag (2" x 1", 20+ polyps), $10:

Thanks
Van

OK, I'm reserving the orange monti cap and the green+orange digitata frags for Nate.

JWeb (Jeff): the zoos are yours, you were first to post.

All that's left are 2 large frags of purple digitata.

And free xenia, forgot to mention that in the first post.

Nuno

Not absoltely positive I'll be going, but if I do I'll bring:
a few blue mushroom frags:

a few green zoo frags:

and Xenia (white pom pom, tan elongata) if any one wants it... but you got to promise not to curse me in the future:

I prefer a trade, looking for any colorful monti, accro frags.

Attachments

• blueshroom.jpg
    blueshroom.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 202
  • greenzoos.jpg
    greenzoos.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 183
  • Xenia.jpg
    Xenia.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 179
I would love to pick up one or two of those blue mushrooms.
Also looking for some Ric's and Xinia as well as one or two LPS

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back