Jebao Power Heads

Arsalan

____LifeLongLearner____ BRS BoD
Officer
BRS Member
Hey all,

I just came across a site that I thought might be beneficial to many members here.

Anyone ever have a Jebao power head that just stopped working so you chucked the whole thing in a box and ordered a whole new one?
with this site, you can buy just the pump at a smaller cost and use your old controller and power supply. I think the controllers from older versions might work with the newer pumps, but I haven't tested. maybe someone here can verify.

Anyway, just figured some of you may find this useful if you didn't already know about it.

https://www.fish-street.com/jebao_rw_upgrade_kits?search_string=rw+upgrade+kits

If you replace a dead RW or PP pump head with another RW or PP pump head, you may have another dead pump in a year or so.
They found out the reason why many RW and PP pump died is due to the IC chips (for thermo protection) that built into the pump heads.
That is why the new Jebao OW series and Coralbox QP series have the IC chips moved to the controllers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you replace a dead RW or PP pump head with another RW or PP pump head, you may have another dead pump in a year or so.
They found out the reason why many RW and PP pump died is due to the IC chips (for thermo protection) that built into the pump heads.
That is why the new Jebao OW series and Coralbox QP series have the IC chips moved to the controllers.

Interesting, sounds like we should just stay away from the RW or PP series.

I’ve had a sw in my tank for over a year ,running for the last 6 months at 100% and can’t complain.

The IC chips issue is heat related. If you clean the PP and RW with vinegar to prevent calcium build up, which creates friction and heat, you should be Ok.

I have a jebao pump and the cord casing spit on it.... The inner wires look fine is there any way to fix it or should I just scrap it? It was running fine in my sump I pulled it out when I noticed it.

You should scrap it. Exposed wires can lead to leak water inside the motor.

Back