Jebao return pumps

How long have you used a jebao return pump for?

• 0-6 months

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • 6 months - 1 year

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-3 years

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • 3+ years

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters

Joker

Viking Corals
BRS Member
Who uses them? How long have they lasted for you?

I have been using a dcq-3500 for over 2 years now and I'm starting to get nervous that it will die on me. I clean it every month or 2 at the most. I recently upped the power level to 100% on it. Idk maybe I'm over thinking it. Let me know what you guys think

Last edited:
You’re using a red dragon but you’re asking a poll on a Jebao. :rolleyes:
I'm pretty sure that's what they call this model of pump. I have to find the box. I'll get back to you with the correct name if in wrong.

I’m a long time fan of Jebao return pumps and wavemakers for their high quality to price values. Never had one bad experience with them that I can remember. They outlasted my expectations time after time.

Here's a picture of my buddies wavemaker, he couldn't figure out why colonies of SPS and were crapping the bed.

messages_0 (1).jpeg

Since they’re so cheap. You can replace them more often and still be on top.
I had to replace my red dragon skimmer pump after 4 years of service and 8 months of storage. So everything has a operating and shelf life. Nothing lasts forever.
with that said, I still wouldn’t buy a Jebao.

I’ve never run anything but since I started 7 years ago and only had one fail. I wonder though if a more fanciful pump wouldn’t run cooler.

I run the DCP-10000 can’t go wrong for $100 if you do proper maintenance you should never have a problem. Just by a second one and swap when cleaning the other one.

Back