Joining through CC rather than paypal

justintrask

Non-member
Hey. I went through some financial troubles a few months ago because someone went on a vacation with my credit card :(

My paypal account is negative $40 right now, and I can't send any payments without paying for that also.

Is there a way i can send someone a CC number or some other way to be able to become a member other than going to a meeting or paypal?

Thanks.

You can send a check or money order to the treasurer.

Your information will then be sent to wilfx. We do not have a merchant account to run credit cards.

You can also sign up and pay at any of the monthly meetings.

Send check made out to:
BRS or Boston Reef Society
122 Federal St.
Wilmington, MA 01887

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking to join now, and maybe it's just me but couldn't find the latest yearly amount anywhere, and is the address above still the official address to send a money order to ?

Being on the Cape I have not been getting to the meetings though I know some are getting closer to us, the other thing is I have not used my check book in a few years (maybe the last time I sent my membership fee in.) I thought checks were
obsolete. Anyway if I can find my checks I plan to send one but I can't understand why a club the size of BRS is not set up with CC. It seems to me CC were accepted the membership would increase, as it would not be so difficult to join.

Jim

Being on the Cape I have not been getting to the meetings though I know some are getting closer to us, the other thing is I have not used my check book in a few years (maybe the last time I sent my membership fee in.) I thought checks were
obsolete. Anyway if I can find my checks I plan to send one but I can't understand why a club the size of BRS is not set up with CC. It seems to me CC were accepted the membership would increase, as it would not be so difficult to join.

Jim

You can pay via PayPal with a credit card.

As far as I remember there is no need to have a PayPal account to do so (maybe that's just in certain situations though).

If you follow the subsciption thread process and choose, BRS Family, for example, then hit the "Order" button you are taken to PayPal where you can use a CC.

Tried to upload a pic, but it is telling me I have to resize the image to 620x280 which is a very weird size!

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back