Just a FYI, Boston area plastics and PVC board/starboard suppliers

drtechno

BRS Member
Hi all

I am in the middle of doing my tank build and had trouble finding local sources for some of the things people were discussing in the national reefing forums. Just wanted to share what I eventually found so others may find it easier.

First up, I think most people know you can get Norwesco water holding tanks through RT Stearns, Inc in Portsmouth NH. I just picked up my 50 gal tanks today, for my fresh water and salt water storage.

Next source I found useful was J Freeman Inc for supplying large sheets of (4x8) various plastic, plexiglass, etc. Most importantly, he has 4x8 sheets of King Starboard for good prices. I was going to use king starboard instead of drywall in my fishroom but decided it was overkill. Still a good source to have plus they can deliver for $30.

Another source for various PVC/injected plastics is of course Grainger supply, they have an excellent online catalog and a local store.

Finally, I used Laird Plastics in Lowell for 4 x 8' sheets of 1/4" thick Sintra (PVC) boards.. I am going to line my fish room with these to protect the walls, etc. But an excellent source for hard to find plastic sheeting/panels.

Hope this helps people as it was a pain for me to track this stuff down over the last month.

There was a sticky with a bunch of suppliers Alatec plastics in Boston is one with a lot of sheet goods and they’ll cut them for you as well

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back