Just messing around...

afboundguy

Acan's are inedible candy
Staff Member
BRS Member
Charged up the DSLR with it's normal lense… Nothing spectacular and man was I rusty trying to get the fish pictures only had 1 that made the cut and even then it's just ok IMO...

Purple Blastos...

IMG_7437.JPG

Cool little short tentacled duncan. You can see the usual normal duncan in the back left of the picture...

IMG_7447.JPG

Super bright neon green goni...

IMG_7450.JPG

Ok I lied technically 3 fish pics made the cut but the 2nd and 3rd are just for fun...

Pajama Cardinalfish

IMG_7459.JPG

My blenny who loves his cave...

IMG_7476.JPG

… and also the MP10 when I have it off... Can't believe I haven't turned him into sushi by now...

IMG_7477.JPG

That's a nice shot of the cardinal.

Getting all warmed up for the next photo contest?

If I could figure out how to make my photos not so purple tinged and new how to take actual photos then I would say yes I was warming up lol

If I could figure out how to make my photos not so purple tinged and new how to take actual photos then I would say yes I was warming up lol
Need a filter... would love to know where I could get one for my dslr! I just use phone aquarium photo app with digital gel filters to get most of my shots. But still end up with strong blue color

Need a filter... would love to know where I could get one for my dslr! I just use phone aquarium photo app with digital gel filters to get most of my shots. But still end up with strong blue color

I found some on amazon for about $30 for a bunch of filters for my 58mm Cannon DSLR (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KYN1KK...colid=B1YWAN1FL53F&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it)

I was just wondering if those would work and which color filters actually would work the best to prevent the purple hue I normally get in my pictures?

Shots look nice. I'd say the yellow and orange filters would be the starting point. Also, Lightroom or similar programs are your friend.
Here's a good playlist from Parkers Reef on YouTube for DSLR's.

Shots look nice. I'd say the yellow and orange filters would be the starting point. Also, Lightroom or similar programs are your friend.
Here's a good playlist from Parkers Reef on YouTube for DSLR's.

El Presidente thanks I'll definately watch that video... It's always been something I've wanted to improve in the hobby and I need all the help I can get. I was just curious if it would be cheaper to buy 1 or 2 filters vs the larger pack but it doesn't seem worth it to just get 1 or 2 filters...

What cameras do you use

I have a Cannon DSLR it's probably 10 years old and nothing fancy but it's much better than any point and shoot camera I have... I think we spent around $500-$600 so definately on the lower end but it's a decent body (at least according to my buddy who went to college to for photography)...

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back