Kalk Setups - what works the best?

PSU4ME

BRS Member
I’m looking to add kalk to my setup. Not looking for it to be the main calcium/alk additive as I have a CA reactor but more for PH help with a bit of CA/Alk/MG/Str and maybe I’d add aminos. I have a masterflex pump that I could use but don’t have to.

What setup/equipment are you all using?

I use the avast one hooked up to my ato. Love it. I also have a ph probe in it so I can see when it’s time to reload kalk

The avast one with the stirrer and the gravity drip caught my eye. Seems to be the most fool proof type setup

I also use the avast K1 and run a dosing pump feed from my ato container. You can adjust it better with a dosing pump than with your ato.

I have a 5 gallon bucket that I mix up every couple weeks and dose throughout the night to maintain ph. I turn up the kalk dose if my alk goes down instead of dosing more 2 part.

A3A856CC-4401-47E4-ADCD-EE79F27572E5.jpeg
61925437-42A9-41B5-B148-87280D2D0089.jpeg
I made this outa my old pac sun mag stirrer and a 7 gallon tank I bought on sale and never set up (this little sucka was the start for me) haven’t used it yet but I plan on dosing over the return to save my return pumps.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back