KH Director

Chris A.

Formally toomanyfish
BRS Member
While at RAP I bought a ghl khd. So far I’m liking not having to bust out the alk test kit lol
Going to test it out as a monitor for a while then let it take over the tank :eek:
9DFAE12C-F548-4BC3-BA9D-F99C7E3EFA06.png
93CA5E5B-AF2F-4EF4-8CC0-620A53F8B10B.jpeg

Jealous. That looks sweet. Although you still need to bust out the kits for mg and ca right?

I use kalkwasser so I really only need to test magnesium maybe every few months

How are the results compare to your alk test kit? How many times a day does it test?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The results are mimicking my salifert almost to the t. Khd 8.8 salifert 8,9
You can test once a day or up to 24 x a day.
Have it set for twice a day right now but will probably end up doing more times than that lol

Sounds awesome!

You can home made the testing reagent for it. It will cost pennies for that 1000 mL bottle.

I think that’s a great idea, if I only knew a scientist cough cough Dong @dz6t
Make a small batch and I’ll put it to the test :)

What is the market price for the reagents? And does it correct KH based on its own readings?

1000ml Reagent bottle lasts about 3 months at a 4x dose from what I’ve read at $32.99
You have the option for it to correct kh based on its readings or not. It also corrects up and down

Just found out that Triden is using colorimetric testing for Alkalinity. Just like an automatic Hanna checker.

Good choice getting the GHL which is titration based!

i got it mostly because I was fed up with Neptune’s crap but always nice to know I went the right way

Yes indeed you did.

ive been debating when pulling the trigger for a controller to go the ghl route, how do you like it so far? any cons thus far. hows the maneuverability on the controller and what not?

I’m setting it up in a few but I’ll tell you it’s more like setting up a computer and less like a toy lol
There’s so many steps and options it’s crazy.

Back