Kitchen cabinet base

rrob1399

Non-member
Has anyone used cabinets that were reinforced for a display tank ? If I lined some pine 1x4 on the inside and 3/4 ply on top ? I mean my cabinets are holding a slab of granite?

One is for waterbox cube 20 the other for fluval evo 13.5 I’d like to use two cabinets together with ply on top router edge and coated with a water repellant paint possibly 1/2 inch ply for under the base

If you can spend a few bucks more, consider using a piece of Formica laminated countertop. Easily strong enough for up to a 30gallon tank and even easier to wipe clean.

I have a 30 Pro innovation sitting on cabinet bases and a 3/4" countertop. I was standing on top of it today to reach the window above the tank so wife can wash the curtains, base hs no issue taking my 240 and the tank.

I have a retro fitted kitchen sink cabinet base, w/ 3/4in plywood top supporting my 65 gal. it is even on leveling casters

So this is an old post but I didn't realize it while reading.I'm going through the responses and was going to hit like on one because I agreed with it. I wasn't really paying attention to who did the post as it turns out it was my old post. I may not be correct but at least I'm consistent.

So this is an old post but I didn't realize it while reading.I'm going through the responses and was going to hit like on one because I agreed with it. I wasn't really paying attention to who did the post as it turns out it was my old post. I may not be correct but at least I'm consistent.
Haha there are times when I Google questions and I'm super excited to see that someone asked almost the exact same question on reef Central like a decade ago. Then I click the link and find out it was me, and that in 10 years it's still not answered.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back