Lasers

badlands25

Non-member
Anyone recommend a laser for aiptasia removal? Or have one to loan? Or maybe have a mod to install lasers on my clownfish ala dr evil? TIA

I just got a copperband. Hes been in my display for about 3 weeks and hasn't touched one. I added 9 medium berghia...not very many but this will take time if they survive

Anyone recommend a laser for aiptasia removal? Or have one to loan? Or maybe have a mod to install lasers on my clownfish ala dr evil? TIA
i do have one but it will come back. get some peppermint shrimps. or copperband. thats how i got rid of them

I have a 3w Laser and have been using it for several years. I have seen some aiptasia come in on a couple of frags and as soon as I saw them I zapped them and have never seen another aiptasia in my tank. I have never had an aiptasia problem.

I mainly use it for vermitid snails, monit eating nudi's or any other pest that you can think of. If you ask me... I think they work but only to a certain extent. If you have a pest problem a laser can be useful but I would use it in conjunction with other removal methods.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back