LED fixture

Thermal paste and thermal grease are the same. Thermal epoxy is the two part adhesive. The stuff you have is fine.

ive seen silicone based thermal glue..i bought a tube and will be testing it..i think they use it in cheap high powered flashlights where no one will ever see 50k hours of use anyways

This is where I am now.

IMG_0109.jpg

Looks good, I am starting another one for my brothers 125. I am making 3 seperate fixtures connescted together.

Thanks Just waiting for my brothers to be finished putting on a play, he is the behind the scene guy, he runs all the lights, sound, and stage stuff, before I wire it. When it is done, he is going to help me. It does not seem to difficult but I would feel more comfortable with someone who has done this kind of thing to give me a hand.

I don't mean to but in but does anyone who is messing with led's use led seal? The stuff in a can. I finished my led light on 12X16 aluminum heatsink and want to seal it before hanging it above the tank as I have no intention on using a plexi or glass under it. No one has led seal in stock. Apparently there was a problem with the tips clogging. I found some liquid electrical tape (clear) made by Performix. It is in a spray can. I am wondering if anyone has any input on this??? I may just cover the small portion of the led emitter and spray away on everything else to keep away the moisture. The can says specifically that it protects from salt water.

Thanks

Never tried it but I have heard of people having problems getting it to spray. I cover all the soldered connections with clear nail polish but I also use either a glass or plexi shield.

Thanks for the quick reply. I may just give it a shot. I want o get it over the tanks soon as my Mh 250 needs to go. I just worry that what little heat that may build up will react with the coating on the emitter itself.

Are you hanging a heatsink with the leds mounted on it over the tank or is it enclosed in something?

Yup. Not enclosing it because my tank is partially built in the wall and the enclosure goes all the way to the ceiling. Not worried about how it looks, its neat but dont need to cover it all up.

I would still consider adding a plexi shield just to keep salt water from direct contact with the leds.

I just didnt want anything to refract the light in any way. Maybe I will just use a piece of glass under it.

Funny you should say that. I am not using optics yet on the fixture. I like the way the blue and white blend without causing spotlight effect.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back