Have mine ~9” off the water and settings are

15% red
15% green
75% royal blue
20% white
80% cool blue
80% violet.

This is on a photon v2

I’d be careful, easy to bleach even sps at that setting, I’d increase slowly and see how your corals respond, what are your running right now? What do you have for corals?

i run 3 black boxes on my standard 6' 125 around 9 inches above as well, i have lps deep to the bottom and they're fine

What are you running right now for settings and what size tank? You could maybe take those settings and modify slightly to tone down the power. I dont have par number but It’ll easily bleach sps if you don’t work into it.

@Cpage101 runs reef breeder. I use black boxes 12” above water x2 on a 72 bowfront. I run 100% blues and about 60% white.

Oh yeah they are. I am getting the par I want 350-100 from top rock to sand bed.

I buy everything used or free being a teacher. Par is the only usable measurement that equalizes different brands so keep that in mind

Angel but reef breeders is a stronger light I think

I run my reef breeder 60% peak 12” above the water 300+/- at the top and 120-130 PAR at the sandbed
36f45bf2341d03278c55b34512956e3f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

It is about 120 par at the sandbed without the (2) T5’s. I am going to take reedings now that I have the new Apogee which reads LED’s correctly. I will post levels with and without T5’s when I get this done

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks bud, just curious because I haven’t touched a par meter to my tank and I’m peaking 80% but the Corals seem to be fine with it.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back