Led light recommendations?

Ive ordered a reefbreeders photon48 to put over my deepblue rimless 60, Will be holding on to my halides though just in case.
The price is pretty reasonable so I figured I would give it a shot, I have read good things about them

What made you choose this light?

I want to buy one still doing reading...the post on RC is pretty in depth a guy bought a set and has been running them for awhile now he has even posted before and after pics. There seems to be quite a few people who have bought them and are happy I am using MH's atm and am happy so I'm not to sure what I am going to do yet.

I am going to received this unit today for my 30G cube (ordered on 12/18). Read the reviews, it seems like a good fixture and the company has a promotion right now $158 and free shipping (>$150).

I have tried Evergrow and it works well for SPS in term of growth rate as well as colors. Not so good for LPS, acans and red chalice turn orange which is still pretty unless it is what you prefer. Upgade to full spectrum from same brand, it works really well for the colors. I bought a new fixtures Ocean Revive Arctic S026, it has been running for 3 weeks and my sps still hold the colors so far. I am going to buy another unit to replace the second unit over the tank.

Thank You everybody for your input. I decided to go with the new AI Hydra 52s. The reviews were great and I had the money to do it. I got all the accessories that went with them and paid for overnight delivery so I will get them today around 3. I will let you all know how they look. Plus I need to do a build thread for the new tank.

UPS bites I paid for next day air and all day I tracked the package and all day it said it was going to be delivered by 3pm. Then it never came I kept checking and it said it was still in transit. Then at 8:48pm it said it arrived at the Warwick RI facility and that the delivery date was rescheduled to 12/23/13 what the heck. I paid a lot of money to get it today. You try to call and you can't get a real person it is ridiculous. Very disappointed!

1-800-742-5877
Open at 10.
150 Plan Way Warwick, RI

Happen to me before and I call and bitched and they let me come get it.

Give us an update on the hydra 52 unit once you get it up and running. I am dying to hear and see how good it is. I am thinking of getting them for my 180 gallon DT. I am hoping that I would only need 3 hydra 52 units rather than 4 or 6 of the vegas because of the power difference.....Probably going to need to sell a kidney for these damn lights..Let us know what you think..

After sending ups a nasty email and giving them a really na review on Facebook they delivered it to my house while I was at the meeting. I will start a thread about them once I have everything hooked up.

I know I could have gone there but it is the principle of it. I paid $161 for guaranteed next day air not second day air.

I know I hear ya. I would have drove there demanded my package and a refund of the shipping. Haha. Anyway glad they got it to you. Waiting on a review. I was thinking of selling my hydra and getting the 52.

Gee, it's been at least fifteen hours since the meeting.

I figured you would have those puppies up and running with pictures posted already.

I have the evergrow IT2040 series over my 45g cube, so far i love it, i have bleached some SPS(prob due to my in experience and some other equipment failure) but all of my soft corals are doing just fine. they are all placed on the outer edge of my tank and a few SPS frags have grown substantially. I have it set pretty low to about 38% max for each channel

Back