Led light recommendations?

I have the cheap chinese knock off led pendants right now and surprisingly they work well. I only bought these to try LEDs before I bought a nice led unit. I am in the process of finishing paying for a pacific sun Hyperion led fixture. Archit at love the reef uses all pacific sun led fixtures and he is very happy with them. I have a friend with 3 pacific sun LEDs on his tank and he loves them also. Pacific sun seems to be the higher end of led fixtures right now. They are expensive but they are sleek, lots of power, totally controllable, and work awesome. Just my 2 cents! Good luck!!

If price isn't a factor and you want a great light get the Vega from AI. I have had great success with these. Also very easy to setup and run with there controller. GOOD LUCK!

2x Radion Pro. Or 2x GHL mitras. Full spectrum fixture is the key.
I would love to try the Mitras but not the right time for me to try it right now.

I have tried Evergrow and it works well for SPS in term of growth rate as well as colors. Not so good for LPS, acans and red chalice turn orange which is still pretty unless it is what you prefer. Upgade to full spectrum from same brand, it works really well for the colors. I bought a new fixtures Ocean Revive Arctic S026, it has been running for 3 weeks and my sps still hold the colors so far. I am going to buy another unit to replace the second unit over the tank.

Last edited:
I have the Pacific-Sun Hyperion S and I am extremely happy with it. My tank is 48" x 18" x 30" (it must be nice to reach the bottom of your tank :) ). The lamp I have goes up to a coverage of 50" x 30" x 30". While I chose not to have the lamp that comes with T5 also, they are available (check out the Pandora models).

I have the Pacific-Sun Hyperion S and I am extremely happy with it. My tank is 48" x 18" x 30" (it must be nice to reach the bottom of your tank :) ). The lamp I have goes up to a coverage of 50" x 30" x 30". While I chose not to have the lamp that comes with T5 also, they are available (check out the Pandora models).

Riverat I am buying the same exact one. What size tank is it?

Hey chris.
I think in the led world both AI and radeon seem to be the big winners so far. I personally like buying from a company that I know will be around for support. My personal experience is with AI but I have heard great stuff about the radeon people as well

Riverat I am buying the same exact one. What size tank is it?
You are going to love it! Archit is very helpful and knowledgeable about these lamps.
My tank is a 110 gallon.

Hey chris.
I think in the led world both AI and radeon seem to be the big winners so far. I personally like buying from a company that I know will be around for support. My personal experience is with AI but I have heard great stuff about the radeon people as well

I would like to add that my brother accidentally turned my lamp from Pacific-Sun into an expensive brick. I contacted Yorgos at Imagine An Ocean (the US distributor for Pacific-Sun, located in Beverly MA), he was at my house within the hour and fixed my lamp.
There are so many brands that offer some nice LEDs, this is my experience. Turbosnail is going to be like a kid in a candy store :).

I'd get the ati led combo or the PAC sun t5/led combo.

I have a radion pro and it's a great light but if I had to do it over again I'd like the combo.

Rapid led fixtures are very nice and the DIY as-well for cheap money.

Every time I have looked at the savings of the DIY fixtures it never seems as big a difference as they portray them to be. If I'm going to spend 3-400 for DIY then why not buy a proven fixture with better software?

Every time I have looked at the savings of the DIY fixtures it never seems as big a difference as they portray them to be. If I'm going to spend 3-400 for DIY then why not buy a proven fixture with better software?

+1. Not to mention your time and effort.

2x 250 halides and lumbrite reflectors and stunner struip to add blue led... led are moon lights my ai vega is slowy turning in to a moon light adding another 2 bulb t-5 to my combo... wanna go halide but dont want the bill but 4 bulb t-5 and my vega has to be the same!!!!!

2x 250 halides and lumbrite reflectors and stunner struip to add blue led... led are moon lights my ai vega is slowy turning in to a moon light adding another 2 bulb t-5 to my combo... wanna go halide but dont want the bill but 4 bulb t-5 and my vega has to be the same!!!!!

Funny you say that. I have two aquaticlife 2bulb fixtures on their way to sandwich my radon pro. What bulbs are you using?

Because its fun to build them ;) and you can build them to exactly what you need.

Ive ordered a reefbreeders photon48 to put over my deepblue rimless 60, Will be holding on to my halides though just in case.
The price is pretty reasonable so I figured I would give it a shot, I have read good things about them

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back