LED lights, need opinions

RiverRat

Non-member
I have a 100gal tank. 47.5"×23.5"x20"

I had a Pac Sun Hyperion and really liked it, but it looks about time for a new light (fans are busted, power supply failure, etc).

It's been a long time since I went light shopping. Any good LEDs out there? Radion?

Kessil, AI, Radions, nanobox. With a big tank like that a hybrid led/t5 would get better coverage and is a sure bet for success. I really want the aquatic life t5 hybrid that has a mounting system for most of the aforementioned LEDs, sending an ATI T5 fixture to nanobox and having it retrofitted with LEDs would be a dream too. At any rate it’s going to be a big expense

I use a 48" Reef Breeder Photon V2 on a 48" 120 mixed reef. I really like it. It's been running for over a year. I have it set to max out around 45%. I even have some easy sps on the sand bed, Monti, Birds nest and a purple Acro (thanks @Greg Hiller ) that are growing. Zoos, softies and RBTA do great.

I have a Reef Breeder on my RSM 250. I'm very happy with it. Plus, you'll get excellent customer service since the owner is great to work with and his shop is in RI.

I have Kessil AP700 on my 72 bowfront.. love the look, its programability and the light and shimmer it creates

this might be pretty controversial, but I am lighting a 24x24x24 60 gallon cube with one of these. 55% blue channel 7:10 AM until 10:30PM, 35% White channel 9:30 AM until 9:30 PM. only been 2 months but most of the coral is growing and doing well. I am on the list for the club Par meter which should be interesting compared to the picture in the posting with Par reading associated...

still trying to figure out what is wrong with this approach

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UMXAR5S/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
the width scale does not look right to me as it seems to really fill up the full 24 inch width in my case. Love the shimmer

Attachments

• Capture.GIF
    Capture.GIF
    157.2 KB · Views: 186
Appreciate all the feedback here!
I decided to go with 2X Kessil a360x. I got to see them at LTR and I really liked the way they looked. They seem to be relatively easy to control too.
PAR appears to be fully satisfactory for what I am growing in the tank.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back