LED talk

JRoman

Non-member
I'm in the process of building my 180 gallon reef tank. The plumbing is done and now I'm trying to figure lighting would love club members input on lighting. I do have a budget so I'm considering building my own LED. I want to grow coral and I'm looking at cree multichip, 5channel LED as a option. I will consider all input from fellow members. Thank you all in advance.

That is very small budget to cover a 180 gallon tank.

I would like to actually build my own with a multichip led, was wondering if any club members have built any.

Contact Rob, his username is RMc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can consider Reefbreeders photon v2 led fixtures, please let me know. You can see them in action.
They are available in 16, 24, 32, 48 and 60 inch configurations.
They use Cree and other name branded chips with 6 channels programmable and wireless control. Legs and hanging kits are included with great price.

There is little cost saving for DIY these days.

I am a sponsor and I carry Reefbreeders photon v2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to mention Logan (reefbreeders) is in Rhode Island and very easy to get in touch with if there is a problem

Logan is great, top notch customer service and he is one of the nicest guy to do business with.

In terms of show and tell, technical support, , I can take care that as well.

I take care of repair and warranty service for units purchase directly from me.

If you want to drop by to see the LEDs in action, ask questions, then buy online directly from Reefbreeders.com, I am more than happy to do so.

I also more than happy to provide technical support for Reefbreeders LED regardless where you buy them from.

Last edited:
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back