LED to T5 Need Feedback

I could box it on the inside and just bend the acrylic to shape.
The retro LED’s are too close to the water inside the hood. Maybe just make a 8” lift out of acrylic and rest the hood on top of it
Add maybe 2 retro t5’s as well
What I really want is to ditch the LED’s and go with a single 250 w mh Phoenix Bulb

I could box it on the inside and just bend the acrylic to shape.
The retro LED’s are too close to the water inside the hood. Maybe just make a 8” lift out of acrylic and rest the hood on top of it
Add maybe 2 retro t5’s as well
What I really want is to ditch the LED’s and go with a single 250 w mh Phoenix Bulb
Maybe shape a screened lift and then rest a hood on it so you get airflow and don’t end up with a stovepipe on your tank. I’m still having a hard time not envisioning a chefs hat.

I’d love to remove the hood completely and put a mesh screen,but my wife would shoot me because of my daughter starring up at the light.

I’d love to remove the hood completely and put a mesh screen,but my wife would shoot me because of my daughter starring up at the light.
It’s all about the wives. I’m still not sure what my wife thinks about the new canopy. She probably doesn’t like it and is just not saying anything.

Maybe make a false wall behind the tank to match the wall color?

As for the top not much you can do unless you raise the picture and increase the height of your canopy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see your problem. You made it too nice to start with. You should have made it ghetto, rusty aluminum stand with wires , no canopy, and light pouring into the room.

I went from this
32034bdbc77a8f1d5a3b8839cfbe430a.jpg

To this
a8bbf96fffd944a67685d91b832edf5f.jpg

That one she hates the most

To this

5c7694b59df401a85943835bf428e119.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AF2E0151-54B5-4A53-B4F0-0FA63026BCE0.jpeg
I’m thinking maybe I’ll use the tank mount for my hydra and then mount a 6” ext rail off both sides of the hydra and mount the primes to it.

Last edited:
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back