Let’s be honest and not Biased where is the best LFS

Whali704

Non-member
I am interested in knowing everybody’s honest opinion about the best local fish store in Boston and all surrounding areas .

Acro Garden (Dong's basement, far better than most "fish stores") would be my #1 choice,

Love the reef and jays aquatics, although polar opposites in many ways, are my other two go to places.

Whatever one you trust the most I guess. I’ve bought from most and haven’t had a problem yet and I don’t quarantine ,this does include Petco. Most places get their livestock from the same suppliers so it’s literally on you to decide where you like

Dongs is the best for quality and prices, usually leave freebies as well.

Love the reef and European aquatics both have good selections and can order and quartentine any u want.

And I agree with Chris A, ive purchased a few fish from Petco over the years and never had any issues.

I am a fan of Tropic Isle in Framingham. I know some people have issues with the owners due to their lack of social skills, but I have been going there since the early 70’s and have never had an issue. They have a large selection of fresh water and marine animals as well as dry goods. They have been in business for over 50 years, so they must be doing something right. I always ask for Katie, she is extremely knowledgeable and very friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not going to put anyone up there being president I don’t want to play favorites. I will say, I have been to the following stores and like them all for different reasons. Acro Garden, the old European Aquatics when it was in the back of the otherfish store, reef Junkeez, OSA, Love the Reef and Fish Nook. I will go to different places depending on what I am looking for/how much time I have to drive for the day. For fish I have gotten petco (not since they got ich outbreaks,) Reef Junkeez, and Fish Nook. I am very happy with the fish i got from both stores, happier with the price at Reef Junkeez.

For corals... everywhere has been great, from Reef Junkeez to European Aquatics, to Acro Garden to OSA.

Definitely Dong, Acro Garden. However, I’ve yet to have a bad deal with all the local reefers!

Thanks everyone Great feed back I go to European aquatics for all my needs and tropic isle for live feed I’ve been wanting to go to love the reef and I heard of reef junkeez will definitely take some time to check these other places out

I am not going to put anyone up there being president I don’t want to play favorites. I will say, I have been to the following stores and like them all for different reasons. Acro Garden, the old European Aquatics when it was in the back of the otherfish store, reef Junkeez, OSA, Love the Reef and Fish Nook. I will go to different places depending on what I am looking for/how much time I have to drive for the day. For fish I have gotten petco (not since they got ich outbreaks,) Reef Junkeez, and Fish Nook. I am very happy with the fish i got from both stores, happier with the price at Reef Junkeez.

For corals... everywhere has been great, from Reef Junkeez to European Aquatics, to Acro Garden to OSA.
Check out Sea Creatures in Providence and ocean state aquatics in Rhode island

Sea creature and osa in RI are the only 2 places I go to. Not even sure who else is in travelling distance anymore. There was a place in Warwick but prices were insane. A very high end no 'tinkering " kind of place.

I should have included Sea Creatures and OSA in my post. Both are well worth the visit and about a mile from each other so a nice combined road trip.

Well..lol...osa is in Coventry and sea creature in in North providence...so about 25 minutes apart...but both worth the trip. Osa has a huge coral selection. Sea creature has anything you need.

Well..lol...osa is in Coventry and sea creature in in North providence...so about 25 minutes apart...but both worth the trip. Osa has a huge coral selection. Sea creature has anything you need.
In Massachusetts that's about a mile, in Rhode Island, that's a daytrip...Haha

I stand corrected. I guess after the drive all the way down there the 20-25 min between stores seems like nothing.... Note, never get driving directions from John K

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back