Light vs. Canopy Length

sledge75

Non-member
I have been looking at a canopy from glasscages.com for over my 38Gallon. The internal length is 35". I have also been planning on a 36" T-5 SLS retrofit kit.

I was wondering if the retro kit is really a full 36" long installed or is it shorter. I would like to fit the 36" long lights over my 36" long tank but without having to build my own canopy. Does anyone have any experience with these?

Not really sure but if you check out sls's website or reefgeeks, you should be able to get the answer. I use the sls T5 retro 46.5" 54w 4 bulb setup overdriven by ic660.

I did check both their sites and they only use the generic 36" reference, nothing more specific. I did email SLS but have not received a response yet. I really would like to go with the SLS 36" T-5 4 bulb retrofit but unfortunately I just dont have the tools and such to build a hood myself and I can't hang a pendant unit from the ceiling either.

I think fluorescents are normally measured from endcap to endcap. So my 36" VHO bulbs are actually about 35 1/2" long, pin to pin, but when installed in endcaps the total length is about 36".

Nate

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back