Lighting for 30L???

Bigbpro916

Non-member
Hello all! I’ve been out of the hobby for a couple of years now but decided to start up again. I blame my 18 month old who is obsessed with “momo” (Nemo).
So I bought “her” an Innovative 30L and would like it to be SPS dominate. Just looking for some suggestions on lighting. Any help would be great.
75CF096D-6DDE-48C6-AE3B-95B1347D6687.jpeg
64D7A2C6-B122-4A2B-A92C-5BCC6F869C5E.jpeg

The kid will do fine!

But from my experiences.... I would say t5 my are still better for sps. Some people have had great success with reef breeders v2 photon leds, and they combo them with t5 to ditch the disco ball effect.

I use two black boxes over a 4’ tank and they do ok. They put out the light but I still struggle with sps.... maybe due to other reasons.

Good luck!

A 24 inch Reefbreeders Photon V2+ will work on this tank, the 32 inch version will over power the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The kid will do fine!

But from my experiences.... I would say t5 my are still better for sps. Some people have had great success with reef breeders v2 photon leds, and they combo them with t5 to ditch the disco ball effect.

I use two black boxes over a 4’ tank and they do ok. They put out the light but I still struggle with sps.... maybe due to other reasons.

Good luck!

Do you think the ATI 36 Inch 4x39W is a good choice?

Yes, all Reefbreeders led over my high end acro tank.

I currently have a used Maxspect Razor 160 watt, 32 inch led, it is a perfect fit for your tank too.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back