Lighting question

Steve H

Formerly sch1013
Hi,
I was thinking of getting the Tek light 4x39w T5 HO fixture for a 58g Oceanic tank. Is this enough light and what could I keep under it for corals?

Thanks

thats a nice light,you can keep a good variety under it..
IMO if you are at all into sps just go for MH right from the get go

The MH are too expensive for the ones I like the performance and look of. It is going to start as a FO and softies tank but I don't like to see things and not be able to get them because of lighting. Would this be able to support an SPS high up in the tank? and its probably a long shot but what about clams?

I would not try it but I think you can keep SPSs under that light but I would imagin they would turn brown over time, I dont think you can keep clams under that light

Oh and I bought my 2x400W setup used with 2 sets of 10K bulbs, 1 set 3-4 months old and 1 set new (XMs) for 150 bucks

you would be able to keep some sps but you will be limited,there is no sense buying lights twice...

I second that on the lights! I went from NO to PCs to 250 MH to 400 MH and my tank will be 1 year old next month :(

Ray said:
I second that on the lights! I went from NO to PCs to 250 MH to 400 MH and my tank will be 1 year old next month :(
LOL..thats funny ray you go from NO with A castle in your tank to reef with 400w MH...

Thanks for the replies, I'm still shopping around. Any opinions on the new 36" Coralife aqualife pro with the 150MH, 2 65w actinics, and 2 moon lights?

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back