Lighting

Budget_Reef

Non-member
I have a ai prime 16hd on my 3p gall peninsula tank. I have it at very high settings but there are sides of the peninsula that just arent getting good light( or I believe). Does anyone recommend any other lights? If you believe the ai prime is good enough then I will keep it, I was looking at a hydra but dont know if you can mount it sideways ( same direction as the mount). Any suggestions would be good, just want to know if I should switch the light and to what. The tank is slowly becoming a sps dominant tank.

You can mount hydras either way. If you have a prime, why not grab another? Or supplement some t5 for better spread/coverage.

You can mount hydras either way. If you have a prime, why not grab another? Or supplement some t5 for better spread/coverage.
I would love to grab another one but grabbing a hydra would be a little more expensive and would give me an extra light for the future also it would look quite ugly on my current situation for I cannot hang them. I would love to use t5 but dont want to spend the 5 hundred of a prime t5 hybrid

15880261083843449868037149517799.jpg
Here is my current light situation

Egg crate will block a ton of light, and acrylic will accumulate evaporated water which would prob block some light as well. I use a diy clear mesh/screen frame cover like most

also hard to tell by the angle of the pic, but if u can tilt the light up some should help with spread

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back